Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A BRAVE AFGHAN WOMAN - MEENA





TRIBUTE TO MEENA - AN AFGHAN WOMAN
FROM A SRI LANKAN WOMAN


MEENA - Though you do not bodily alive,
Your soul is everywhere,
Not only in Afghanistan,
But in every country of the globe!

MEENA - Though I am not an Afghan,
Not a Muslim,
I am inspired by your autobiography,
(Foreword by Alice Walker)
As a Buddhist and a Sri Lankan woman,
I know, your soul is placed in all women's hearts,
thoughts and minds!

MEENA -  Though you were dead at a very small age,
Just 30 years,
You have done a great deal to Afghan women,
as well as whole of your nation, including men, children,
young and old within your brief life span !

MEENA -  Though you were a Mom of three children,
You never favour to your kids,
You loved all the children in Afghan,
As of your own children!

MEENA -  Though it is hard to live without parents,
husband and a kid in young age,
You sacrificed all your life to Afghan women,
by giving them love, care and aid,
You cried and grieved with saddened women and children,
who lost their sons, brothers, husbands and fathers,
Keeping your own sorrow aside!


 MEENA -  Though I was not able to make friendship,
Or contacts with you, when you were alive,
I am still happy to know about you,
To have a chance to read about your life story,
Now I feel that,
YOU are a GREAT FRIEND of mine!

MEENA -  Though I could not make a bond and
tie-up with you for your good work then,
And could not wish you All the Best,
When you were actively functioning RAWA,

Now I wish you the best, I can offer to your soul,
according to my religion – Buddhism,

MAY YOU ATTAIN SUPREME BLESS OF NIBBANA!

LONG LIFE RAWA !!!


Mrs. Shrimal Champika Wickremasinghe

No comments:

Post a Comment